Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Taking its toll


I think I just figured it out. I'm well into recovery from my back surgery, but I'm still not yet 100%. It could be due to my schedule.

Our show "Nightlife" starts at 9pm. That's the end of the day, when my back is already tired. Three hours of performing a lively energetic talk-show would make even normal backs ache. But what about one that's weakened by major surgery? I've been trying to rest and take mid-day naps, but it hasn't helped much.

As of now, I Patti's taken the driver's seat in our program, while I only get off the sofa to adlib when it's time to discuss something on air. I just can't sit behind the console for three hours straight.

Apparently a full recovery will take 8-12 weeks. I'm already into week number 8 and my progress has slowed. I can't help but think that maybe I'm hindering it.

I'm gonna give it a couple more weeks. If my back is still having a hard time, I'll talk to the boss. I love doing our "nightime morning show", but I really have to consider the long-term effects.

1 Comments:

At 10:40 AM, Blogger ~currant7 said...

agree...i still miss you in the morinings since i don't really listen to the live stream radio (online) in the evenings.
hope you get better faster! :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home