Thursday, May 29, 2008

A Box of Chocolates

I just finalized the deal earlier today. I'll be working at a TV station here in Houston.

You know, when I decided to move to the US and gave up my position at Jam 88.3, I had it in my mind that I would be bidding goodbye to broadcasting. I was set on going back into Advertising, where I began my career.

Life though, has a funny way of turning out. Although I sent my resume to dozens of Ad Agencies, it seems that broadcasting is where I'm mean to be. I gave my resume to only a few TV stations and even fewer Radio stations, and now I have a shot at jobs in both fields.

For TV, I'll be working as a Master Control Operator on the weekends. It's actually good since I'll still have time for another full-time job. If I'm lucky, I'll get the Office Manager position at the Radio station I was interviewed at.

Right now, I'm still sending out resumes. I still want to keep my options open. Only God knows where I'll end up.

2 Comments:

At 5:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, congratulations on your new career Rick! You were my favorite DJ at Jam and I used to look forward to your show every Saturday and listen for the reruns. I missed Jam and "The Blend", I don't get to listen to it as often anymore since I've been here in the US. Goodluck!

 
At 10:56 PM, Blogger DJ Rick of Jam 88.3 said...

Thank you for appreciating my show. I put a lot of hard work into it.

You can check out podcasts of the The Blend on my site at...
http://djrick.multiply.com

Take care!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home