Friday, May 16, 2008

The return of "DJ Rick"?

Am I returning to radio? Maybe, but if ever, it won't exactly be a come-back. I was recently interviewed by a radio station here in Houston to be their Office Manager. The station broadcasts block-timers / off-site programs, so there's no chance at all that I'll go on air.

When I decided to move here, I've been planning a career shift. After nine years in radio, I wanted to try new things. This could be a great stepping-stone to exploring opportunities in other fields.

It looks like I have a good chance of getting the job, but the position might not be open until July or even August. I'm not sure if I can wait that long. If I really can't, I might have to settle for a less desirable opening. But then again, it's a recession here in the U.S. and finding work is proving to be difficult.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home