Sunday, March 09, 2008

Letting go

The reality of leaving the country is finally beginning to hit me. I've known the date of our departure a some time now, but until recently it was just mark on our calendar.

Yesterday (Saturday) was my last hosting of my a cappella show The Blend. I didn't cry or anything, but I did get a bit choked up when I began to play my last song. The listeners were asking me to sing along, but I didn't have it in me.

Today we had two goodbye parties - one hosted by my in-laws, and another for my side of the family. It was really tough saying goodbye to everyone. I had a hard time looking in the eyes of my cousins.

The roads that life leads us down are not always easy. I just have to grit my teeth and know that this is what's meant for me and my family.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home