Friday, September 21, 2007

Getting personal

This is probably the most personal I've ever been on my blog...

I've talked in previous entries about a personal problem that has been bothering me over the past few weeks. Well, in recent days it has come to a bit of a climax.

My ex-girlfriend is now back in the country. In a couple of weeks she's going to take my daughter with her to Europe, where she's been living for the past four years. For how long, we don't know.

My wife and I would probably have a chance at winning custody in a legal battle, but we've decided not to go that way. We don't want to fight things out. So after lots and lots of deliberating, my family, my wife and I have all decided to allow her to go.

Nica's only seven years old, so she doesn't fully realize how far away she'll be, and how long she'll actually be away. She has been a bit excited about the trip, and I've been doing my best to be supportive. But we have never really been apart, so you can imagine how this is eating me up inside.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home