Monday, June 23, 2008

Freezing in the Houston sun

At Radio and TV stations, the air conditioner has to be on very strong to keep all the high- tech equipment from overheating.

Anyone who has visited the booth of Jam 88.3 in Manila knows that the booth is more often than not freezing cold. Well, It's not much different at the TV station where I work in Houston.

So just like in Manila, I'd come out of the freezing office to a car that has been baking under the sun all day. The other week my sister, not knowing how cold the office gets, asked why I was at work in long sleeves and a thick jacket.

Summer has just started here and temperatures are already in the 90's (mid 30s in Celcius). I hear that in August, 100 degrees (38C) and over isn't uncommon. They say it gets a lot hotter here than Manila, but at least it doesn't get sticky.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home