Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Not a bed of roses


It's been a year and a half since my wife and I left the Radio industry and moving to Houston, and we're in a pretty good place now. We both have stable jobs, our son is settled into a nice routine in a good school, and We recently bought our first home.

Looking at our story, one might think that we've had it easy. But that's not the case, by a long shot. I could list all the financial, personal and other problems we've had, but I don't want to sound like I'm whining.

My point is that many Filipinos believe that things are handded to you the moment you step on US soil. The truth is that there's a lot of hard work that needs to be done.

Of course, life is harder back home in the Philippines. But life isn't a bed of roses here either. You still put in a lot of blood, sweat and tears.

My wife and I have been lucky. We've been blessed with friends and family who have been extremely supportive over the last year and a half.

Of course, life isn't perfect for us. There's always room for improvement. But after all the struggling and perseverance, we appreciate more what we do have.