Sunday, March 15, 2009

Remembering Francis M


For the past week or so I've wanted to write about the effect that Francis M has had on my life. But somehow I just couldn't put the words together. Even when I met him backstage at an event I was hosting years ago, I couldn't do it either.

Much like his persona and his influence, his effect on me can't be explained. The man was more than just his monikers of the "Master Rapper" he was a cultural icon.

Francis taught a whole generation of Filipinos how we could be proud of our heritage and still embrace modern influences.

I recently saw his cameo appearance at the end of the AKAFella's video for their remake of "Kaleidoscope World". It gave me goose bumps seeing him flash a peace sign as the camera pulled away and the picture faded to black. I pushed hard to have that song on my CD "The Blend" and I never regreted it.

I know this blog is not well written. Like I said, I've had hard time finding the words. So I'll just end it here.

Here's to you Francis M, you'll be surely missed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home