Monday, November 17, 2008

Working only one job now

A couple of weeks ago I resigned from my weekend job at a TV station here in Houston. I wanted to hold down that job and my current position at the Houston Chronicle website, but I just couldn't do it.

The first reason I let go of the weekend gig was my health. Not having a rest day really takes its toll on your body. It's even worse in the autumn when the weather changes back and forth from cold to hot.

But the main reason why I left the TV station was my family. My wife works the evening shift and we hardly get to see each other. With me working on the weekends, our family time was cut even shorter.

I still have some debts to pay and I would've liked to have two simultaneous media jobs on my resume. But some things in life are just more important.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home