Monday, October 05, 2009

Helpless

Over the past couple of weeks, my family here has watched numerous videos and saw countless pictures of the devastation caused by Typhoon Ondoy in the Philippines.

To say that we've had mixed emotions would be an understatement. Although we felt lucky that we did not experience the disaster, of course we felt concern for our friends and relatives and extreme saddened for those hardest hit.

The worst feeling though is the helplessness. If my wife and I were still there I know that we'd be on air promoting the heck out of relief efforts. I'm sure that our friends in the media back there have been doing a good job of that, but it's still hard to handle.

The only thing we can do, i guess, is to continue donating to the recovery and praying for the country.