Friday, January 12, 2007

"The DJ Rick Weight-loss Challenge"

I've been consistently gaining weight over the years I've been with Jam 88.8, so I've drawn the line and have made a vow to slim down. To make sure that I stay on track, I'm enrolled in a program with Medislim.

Today, on our show, we launched it as our new on-air gimmick. Every so often I will weigh myself on air and give my tummy (belly and love handles) measurement & body mass index. I started by announcing my initial figures early in the program.

The response from the listeners was overwhelming. People were sending their words of support via text, chat, shoutbox and email. Some even gave some advice of their own. Others helped encourage me by giving their own weigh-loss accounts.

I've always wanted my show to be a positive force. Hopefully "The DJ Rick Weight-loss Challenge" will not only help me, but also inspire others to give importance to their health.

2 Comments:

At 6:00 PM, Blogger ~currant7 said...

hi rick!
i think there's a typo - "Jam 88.8"? Hahaha!
glad that you are getting a lot of positive responses...hard to believe that you did grow as much as you announced from the last time I saw you...that was in Feb 2005! :)
keep the faith and i'm sure you will be ready for the following new year sooner than you think! :)

 
At 8:03 PM, Blogger DJ Rick of Jam 88.3 said...

Thanks for the heads up. :D

I've been getting lots of inspiring words from really nice people like you. I won't let you all down, I promise.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home