Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Underappreciated

As a member of the music industry, I have gotten to meet and work with many musicians.  There are a lot out there that have achieved so much more fame than they deserve.  More often than not, many are insufferable to top it off.  I'm not going to name any, but I'm sure we all can think of a few off the tops of our heads.

On the other side of that coin are those extremely gifted ones that have not yet received the recognition that they oh so justly deserve. Many of which are truly nice people at that. Among these are Luke Mejares and The AKAFellas, just to name a couple.  

I've seen both perform recently.  Their level of talent is amazing.  It saddens me that they haven't gotten the kind of superstardom that's due them, while other music acts out there are getting rich and famous for reasons like having just the right look, singing the right remake, or closing the right tv endorsement deal.

Don't get me wrong, not all who reach that pinnacle of popularity are unworthy. But there are some.  Oh, why do I keep wishing for things to be fair?

4 Comments:

At 11:22 PM, Blogger ~currant7 said...

sad but true...oh well...i think it's God's way to push these "gifted people" to be even better. only through hard work are the fruits of success sweeter.

there are times too when great artists don't get their recognition till they "go away" in general...painters are common examples...sad but that's how the real world works. it's normally the kids or grand kids of these painters that reap the benefits of their fathers/grandfathers.

 
At 8:04 AM, Blogger DJ Rick of Jam 88.3 said...

it's so hard to see the world as an idealist sometimes.

i hope we don't have to wait for the grandkids of the akafellas and luke to benefit from their work. :)

 
At 10:36 PM, Blogger ~currant7 said...

That cracked me up!!!!
Hahaha! I hope so...I so hope so! :)

 
At 7:50 AM, Blogger DJ Rick of Jam 88.3 said...

;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home