Thursday, March 15, 2007

FINALE! (sort of)

This weekend will be the very last edition of my show The Blend...
...for its current timeslot. :)

After thinking long and hard and considering the fans' inputs, I've decided to make the show LIVE at 10-11am Saturday morning (with the possibility of it eventually being 2hours long.

The major reasons for the change:
- Most call center people are asleep during the 4pm show.
- It's too late for fans and a cappella groups in the US to listen in.
- People with work or school on Saturday afternoon can tune in on their way.
- The benefits of a LIVE 1-2 hour show during "drivetime" outweigh those of a 30-45 minute recorded show during a less-prominent slot (even when considering replays).

After two years of doing the show, I believe that a big change is long overdue. I hope that this decision will help increase the popularity of the program and push the genre even more. (Keeping my fingers crossed.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home