Monday, October 01, 2007

Getting by

Over the past several days it's been obvious that Nica is torn between her excitement to go to Denmark and her desire to stay with the only family she's ever really known. Since it's her last few days in the country, we've been trying to make the most out of them.

We started the weekend with somewhat of a Father-Daughter day. While her brother was taking his daily nap and her mom was still at work (Friday afternoon) we went out, had ice cream & donuts and talked. It was really simple but memorable.

While I was working on my a cappella show "The Blend" Saturday morning, it was a Mother-Daughter day. They had a last-minute check-up done, and chatted at Starbucks Medical City while waiting for tests and doctors.

My parents arrived Sunday morning and Nica was thrilled to see them. Even though they'll only spend a few days with her, they're still lucky. When they left to visit my sisters in Texas, they didn't know if they'd get to see Nica before she left.

I guess I'm bit lucky too. Even though I have to work Monday and Tuesday, I know Nica will be spending quality time with my folks (similar to when I was on board Saturday). Having to do "The Blend" was even made easier by the fact that we had the Caltex Chorale perform live on the show.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home