Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Thoughts on D-Day

Today Nica leaves with her natural mother for Denmark. I've been laying in bed watching her sleep (like Nicholas Cage at the end of the movie Family Man).

I'm going to miss her so much.
When my ex and I split, Nica and I were left with each other. We pulled through it with each other's love and were able to move on.

Now, years later, even though I'm married and have another kid, Nica's importance to me hasn't lessened a single bit. In fact, she's an important part of our family.

You know, I try not to focus on how much I'm going to miss watching her play with her brother, but I can't help it. Their laughter is one of the most joyous things in my life.

I'm on leave from work today and tomorrow - my last two for the year (I used up all the rest for my surgery). I want to be with Nica in her last hours here, and I doubt I'll be able to hold myself together on air tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home