Tuesday, January 29, 2008

The pain of "goodbyes"

A couple of weeks ago Jamaica had her last program on Jam 88.3. I wanted to be there to show support, but my schedule wouldn't permit. According to one listener, she cried on air.

My farewell to Jam won't be for another month or so, so I've tried not to think about it. I'm sure that I'll be even more emotional though, since I've been with the station for so long.

Just recently I did say one "goodbye". My doctor told me that I can't run, jog or jump anymore due to my surgery. Any bouncing or twisting stress on my lower back could mean serious damage.

I was heartbroken, since I love to play tennis. I've been a fan as long as I can remember. It's really the only sport where I've pushed myself physically.

Since we're moving out of the country, we selling lots of our stuff. But I can't bring myself to put my racket on Ebay. I still hold some hope that I'll be able to play again (perhaps a new treatment in the future).

In the meantime, it's swimming, tai chi and the stationary bike for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home