Friday, January 25, 2008

Woah!

Last week I finally had a follow-up MRI of my lower back. It was the first one since my double laminectomy operation last year.

I decided to finally get it (in spite of the cost and the fact that I haven't been experiencing complications) for peace of mind before moving to the US in March.

The results weren't that great. The initial analysis said "recurrent disc protrusion" which probably meant that the operation wasn't a complete success.

I prepared for the worst and spoke to our boss at Jam, Eric P. He said that if I would need another operation, I'd be more than welcome to extend my stay and wait for renewal of my medical benefits. (What a nice guy.)

Yesterday I met with the surgeon who operated on me. He said that it wasn't a disc protrusion, but scar tissue. I wouldn't need another operation, but I'd have to be very careful with my back for the rest of my life (no more lifting, jumping or running).

It wasn't exactly what I hoped to hear. I was hoping to be able to do some real exercising again. But sometimes you just have to count your blessings. I mean, at least I don't have to go through another operation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home