Thursday, January 03, 2008

Surviving the holidays

I'm glad the holiday season is pretty much over. For a while there it got a bit rough for me, emotionally and physically.

It was my first Christmas season without my daughter, and I can't describe how depressing that made things. Everything from gift shopping to parties seemed so difficult to get through.

If that wasn't enough to deal with, I got sick and my illness peaked exactly on Christmas eve. So, I ended up knocked out in bed during the Noche buena feast. I also spend Christmas morning in the ER.

Of course, I've been trying to look at the bright side of things. So, since Nica's on vacation from school, we have been able to chat online a little more often that usual. That's good. Also, I just finished by regimen of antibiotics, and I'm doing a whole lot better now.

Like all obstacles, Christmas 2007 has passed. Now, I'm just starting to focus on my plans for 2008. I think it's going to be a big year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home