Friday, November 30, 2007

Getting started again

When you're in a rut, sometimes just getting started is the hardest part. Gaining some momentum, is often easier. My recent slump was the worst I've ever had.

So I tried to consult some senior DJ friends of mine for advice. The responses were similar...
- Strip your show down. Make it simple
- Don't try too hard on air.
- Enjoy your boardwork, they way you did when you were new.

I guess I have been trying a little too hard. I was trying pack my show with so much stuff, hoping it would make up for my shortcomings (lack of focus, depression, etc.). I guess I overdid it and ended up doing enough research and newswriting for 2 or 3 people.

Over the past week I've simplified my shows a little. Instead of multi-tasking or trying to do fancy things, I'm just trying to focus on the basics.

My boardwork is still very far from being great. I'm not even sure if my shows are even good yet. But I think I'm at least on my way there, even if I'm progressing slowly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home