Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Crab mentality

Our station has made many efforts to help push new artists and lesser-known genres of music.  This is obvious in the many CD tie-ups we've had; which recently include "Not Another Christmas 3" (indie), Chris Cayzer (debut), "Doobie Nights" (reggae), and "The Blend" (a cappella).

For a while now, i have heard of how some stations would refuse to play music from albums associated with us.  I really don't want to think that they have something against us helping local musicians?  So why whould they make the artists suffer?  We don't even earn anything from the sales.

Sigh... You try to do something good and others just keep pulling you down

2 Comments:

At 6:29 PM, Blogger ~currant7 said...

I heard of that...I know another DJ friend of mine really got fed up and basically left the station.
I should ask him what he's up to these days but I do remember we did have a conversation in the lines of that and it had something to do with the UltraMagnetic CD.

I think stations believe that playing another stationed sponsored music is basically a conflict of interest...sadly it's the viewers who are left out with such a great find. :)

I know that I was overly joyed that you guys do play new and upcoming people...hay...I so remember Beth Orton when she was so new in Manila...old in the US (obviously) but I quickly noted down who was playing it...and it was JAM!
Other stations don't see the potential in her and in other artists like Imogen Heap and even Corrine B!

Hay...talagang crab mentality is alive and well there...so sad...

The Blend and Chris Cayzer rocks!

 
At 8:28 AM, Blogger DJ Rick of Jam 88.3 said...

Really? What DJ? What station?

There's a flaw in the thinking of these other stations. If listeners really want to hear those songs, they can only go to us.

Thanks so much for the loyalty! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home