Sunday, January 14, 2007

Fantasy? Not exactly

My NBA viewing experience this year has been ruined.  A buddy of mine convinced me to join a fantasy basketball league a few months ago, and ever since things have been difficult (to say the least).

I no longer cheer for my favorite teams and players.  Since I need good stats from the players on my team, I end up cheering for individual players.  I'd be shouting things like "one more block man!" or "gimme another steal!" or "why'd you take that shot? it's ruining your percentage!".

Sigh... I wish I could just forget about the league.  But I'm ranked near the top, I like the competition, and studying all the statistics satisfies the geek in me.  Oh well...

2 Comments:

At 6:02 PM, Blogger ~currant7 said...

fantasy basket ball league? what's that? might help to let me know what's that and if it's more like a virtual world game? :P

 
At 7:59 PM, Blogger DJ Rick of Jam 88.3 said...

Hi!

According to Wikipedia...
Fantasy Sports are games where fantasy owners build teams that compete against other fantasy owners based on the statistics generated by individual players or teams of a professional sport.

For more info...
http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/basketball/rules/hooprules-01.html

Hope this helps!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home