Sunday, May 20, 2007

Operation

It's official. I'm having my surgery this week. I met with the Neurosurgeon yesterday and he confirmed what the Neurologist and Orthopedic surgeon said. I have two slipped discs and I have to go under the knife.

The procedure is scheduled for Wednesday at the Medical City. So I'll be admitted Tuesday morning for testing.

Even though I've known for a while that I'll need the operation, somehow it feels so sudden. Maybe I'm just a bit nervous. As far as I know, I've never had any serious medical work done. I've never even broken a bone. But surgery on my spine sounds so major, even if the Doctor says that it's rather routine.

I thank God for my company's health plan and the nice people at the HMO. Hospitalization isn't cheap, and they're doing their best to handle all the costs. At least, that's one less thing for me to worry about.

I hope that this thing goes smoothly and I'll be as good as new when it's all over. This whole thing has been really tough on my wife. She's as worried as I am, but she's kept it together.

2 Comments:

At 10:13 PM, Blogger ~currant7 said...

i'll be praying for you fast and painless operation.

 
At 12:01 PM, Blogger DJ Rick of Jam 88.3 said...

Thanks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home