Thursday, May 03, 2007

The "Buzz"

No, I'm not talking about the gossip TV show. I'm talking about the Yahoo Messenger feature.

I just find it so rude how some people initiate chats by buzzing you. I mean, it's so irritating to have your whole screen shake while you're busy doing something important.

But what really gets me is the fact that the other person can't just type "Hi" or "Hello". I don't think this was the intention of the Yahoo people when making this feature.

Maybe technology has made us become so detached from one another that simple courtesies, like proper greetings, have fallen by the wayside.

2 Comments:

At 1:06 PM, Blogger ~currant7 said...

oh, i do hate that too! i know it's pretty tempting to use it...but not too often since i normally have my ear plugs on and that sound just bugs the living daylights of me!

but...well..i'm sometimes at fault of using it but only to certain people only since i need an immediate answer and thought bubbles are not available on ym. we need to know if the other got the message and is thinking of a reply. that's the problem with having to chat with people compared to phone or even face-to-face.

 
At 4:51 PM, Blogger DJ Rick of Jam 88.3 said...

the buzz doesn't bother me that much since i use Trillian. but it's still irritating to see how rude people can be sometimes. buzzing in the middle of a conversation is ok, i guess. but to start one out is just not right.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home