Friday, November 23, 2007

Giving thanks

Of all the western customs and traditions, Thanksgiving has got to be the the best one. I did a bunch of research on the history of the holiday for my trivia segment "Info Jam".

Over the past several months, I've been quite down due to a whole bunch of personal issues (health, family problems, etc.). But to start off Thanksgiving weekend, I decided to make a list of some things I should be thankful to God for.

* I'm still alive.
* I'm not homeless nor hungry.
* I have a wife and kids who love me.
* I have a job that I love.

Of course, there are lots of other things I can be thankful for. But of course, the basic things are the ones that we often forget about.

Thanksgiving may have started as a North American tradition, but maybe it should be something that the rest of the world can practice too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home