Friday, April 13, 2007

The Pain of an Old Man

OK, 31 isn't really that old. Although advertisers would like to convince you otherwise. But anyway...


I've had back pains since I was a teenager. I guess it's genetic since my dad has them too. I could also blame bad posture and a big belly (though, I've lost a lot of weight recently).

Every few years it gets aggravated and I get "crippled". This time it happened during Holy Week, my back started acting up again. It got to the point where my left leg was affected.

It feels kind of weird that my foot and leg were in pain, but my back was the problem. It was so bad that it even affected my on-air performance; I was trying to mask the pain by going hyper saying crazy things.

So I saw a doctor who ordered some tests done. OH MY GOSH! They stuck me with needles and ran electric currents thru my back and legs!

Now it hurts even more, but the Doc gave me meds that should help improve my condition. Unfortunately I wasn't able to work that evening because the meds didn't kick it yet.

I hate missing work. "Nightlife: the Rick and Patti show" is starting to take off, plus I don't like the feeling of abandoning a workmate. Sigh...

2 Comments:

At 5:25 PM, Blogger ~currant7 said...

YOU ARE NOT OLD!
We aren't far apart and I'm not hoping to be OLD just because I'm hitting 30. :P
I'm sorry to hear what you are going through. I have some back problems too - definitely from my dad and playing golf at a really young age...putting for 2/3 hours long can and do take its toll.
Better watch the meds...though it can help you now, there are side-effects in the long run, especially painkillers.
Hope you get better!

Totally understand what you mean about leaving a workmate. It's just a guilty thing to go through.

 
At 7:04 PM, Blogger DJ Rick of Jam 88.3 said...

The young ones at the office like to tease me for being over 30. But I don't feel bad because I see how lacking some of them are in life experience. :)

Well the doctor prescribed the meds, so I'll just trust him. (But I did research them online, and they seem ok.) I will look out for side effects though. Thanks for the concern.

I'm glad Patti was really understanding about me not being there. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home