Friday, October 12, 2007

I met Babyface today

I wasn't supposed to be at the press conference, since he's an RnB artist and our station is a bit on the Alternative side. But I was able to tag along with my wife, who works for another radio station. (Since the people from the record label know me, they didn't mind my hanging around.)

He was shorter than I thought he would be. I guess being a fan and seeing him on television made him seem a bit more larger than life. Also he's quite thin, so I guess that contributes to making him look taller on TV.

The guy had a mellow-yet-cool demeanor together with a very soft voice. It was really hard to hear my wife's interview (she had a one-on-on with him), even though the room was dead quiet.

I wanted to interview him myself, but since he's a bit off our format I thought of some crazy questions to make it interesting even for our audience - similar to my interview with Edu (see my other posts). Here are a few of the questions I thought up...
- What should we call you Mr. Babyface, Mr. Face, Sir Baby?
- Do you get royalties from Marco Antonio Barrera who goes by "the Babyfaced Assassin"?
- When you turn 70 or 80, will you change your name to "Not-so Babyface"

Unfortunately, my boss, the people of the record label,.and even my wife weren't too thrilled by the idea I had. Oh well.. Maybe next time. :)

I doubt I would've had it in me to ask those questions anyway. Both times I spoke with him, I practically said the same thing (something like "I'm a huge fan" or "I love your music").

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home