Sunday, November 04, 2007

Goodbye Louise

Thursday was a pretty sad day at Jam 88.3. It was DJ Louise's last day on air (she's moving back to Dubai) and the Jocks in particular were getting quite emotional. I myself was thinking of all the times we've had together.

Louise was just a trainee when Citylite went under and was carried over when the station relaunched as Jam in 2003. Over the years, we've all seen Louise come into her own. She's gone from being the wide-eyed newbie of the station to becoming a young mother and seasoned DJ.

Louise and I have developed a special bond, and I've come to think of her as a sister. We were partners on-air for a while and in 2005 I was honored to be the best man at her wedding.

Being the only married Jocks just helped to strengthen that relationship. Chy and I have found it quite easy to relate with Louise and Myron on so many levels. We would even joke that our kids would end up together.

Jam won't be the same without Louise. She is one of those people that gets along with everyone. She was really one of those that helped give the Jam office the "family" atmosphere that other stations would envy.

Although our life paths are taking separate directions now and I'm sad to see her go, I'm happy that what's happening is for the good of her family.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home